On Saturday, 25 June, we had the great pleasure of welcoming David Lifar, Director of the Indra Devi Foundation in Buenos Aires, to share the teachings of Indra Devi at the Open Space in NYC.
If you are not familiar with the New York Open Space, you are in for treat. It is an urban center for conscious learning, human development, and healing. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with a smile and beautiful selection of books; there is small cafe and lots of wisdom exuding from the classrooms.
Right before we started the workshop, a 93-year old lady walks in,
"Hello, what is going on today?"
"The Teachings of Indra Devi," I said.
She looks at me and asks, "How much?"
"For you? A hug." And so she joined our group.
In preparation for the workshop, David Lifar meditated for a few minutes while my friend Tiffany and I adorned the space with Lavender Aromatherapy and soothing lights.... we also set aside oatmeal cookies for a sweet break.
We gathered around David who shared with us how he met Indra Devi, their partnership through Yoga, their travels around the world, and of course, Indra Devi's teachings. We practiced breathing exercises: nostril breathing and abdominal breathing techniques.
Because we had an intimate setting, everyone had a chance to ask questions while David tailored answers to everyone's needs.
All in all it was a marvelous time!
Here are a few pears of wisdom from Indra Devi's Workshop in NYC with David Lifar:
- Live life in the eternal present
- Be fluid like water, not hard like a stone
- We are fully equipped to find happiness.... we have everything we need to be happy
- The wealthiest one is not the one who has the most, but the one that needs the least
- Your emotions affect your breathing... and your breathing affects your emotions
- The air we breathe unites us
- Yoga is not the purpose of life, but it helps finding the purpose of life
I am so pleased to be part of David Lifar's tour in the United States... our first workshop was very fruitful and I look forward to sharing Indra Devi's teachings with the world.
Most importantly, thank you to everyone who came!!!! Your presence made the party :)